Wildwoods Attractions and Events
Wildwood Area Attractions & Events
The beach is free and available for your vacationing pleasure. Umbrella and beach chair rentals are conveniently located directly on the beach; no need to bring your own! The Beach Patrol can also assist handicapped or wheelchair-bound individuals and their families onto the beach and/or to the water’s edge. Guests can simply walk outside our building and enjoy!
- Lifeguard Coverage 10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Surfing Only beaches located on Cardinal Rd. & Rambler Rd.
- The Wildwood Crest beach stretches approximately 2 miles from Jefferson Ave. (south) to Cresse Ave. (north).
- During the busy season, the beach patrol will have approximately 28 lifeguard chairs at the water’s edge.
- On any given day, the beach will be protected with 56 lifeguards, 6 supervising lieutenants, and 2 medical personnel.
- For more information, see BEACH INFO for information regarding safety, beach wheelchair rentals, handicapped transportation, and the Borough’s beach policies and ordinances.
- Headquarters & First-Aid station located at Rambler Rd. & beach.
The Boardwalk: Amusement Parks, Water Parks and Activities
The famous Wildwoods Boardwalk begins steps away from our hotel at Cresse Avenue and continues North for approximately 2 miles. In addition to the amusement parks and water parks there are shops, boutiques, arcades, games and eateries to entice and entertain people of all ages. Bike riding is permitted until 11 a.m. daily.
- Morey’s Piers 3 Amusement Piers and 2 Water Parks at various locations along the Wildwoods Boardwalk.
- Splash Zone Water Park Single Water Park located on the Boardwalk at Schellenger Avenue, Wildwood.
Historic Museums and Monuments
- Doo Wop Preservation League Non-profit organization dedicated to raising interest in and awareness of the ’50s and ’60s era within the Wildwoods while simultaneously preserving the largest collection of “Doo-Wop” resort architecture In the United States.
- George F. Boyer Historical Museum Dedicated to the preserving and documenting the history of the Wildwoods and Cape May County, NJ.
- Emlen Physick Estate 1879 Victorian House Museum located in Cape May
- Hereford Inlet Lighthouse Located in North Wildwood
- Cape May Lighthouse Located in Cape May Point
- World War II Lookout Tower Museum and Memorial Located in Cape May
- Vietnam Veterans Remembrance Wall The only permanent Vietnam Memorial Replica in the Northeast. Located in Wildwood.
Nature and Education
- Cape May County Park and Zoo
Our free county zoo is on par with most for-profit National and State zoos. As one of only a few free zoos in the country, it boasts 250 different species of animals, birds, amphibians and reptiles within its collection of over 550 animals.
- Wetlands Institute
Organization providing educational awareness, activities, events and conservation information that encompasses the wetlands and our ecosystem.
- Nature Center of Cape May
Offers group, adult, family and child educational programs that concentrate on the nature and natural history of the region’s surroundings.
- Atlantic City
The casinos in Atlantic City are only approximately 45 minutes away by car. There are various companies that provide packages for round-trip transportation to the casinos from our hotel.